CTP Exam Prep Platform Help
ABOUT THE EPP
EXAM PREP PLATFORM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
-How does the current CTP7 version of the platform compare to the previous CTP6 version?
-Are there changes to any of the formulas in the CTP7 version of the material?
-What are the improvements that have been made to the CTP7 EPP compared to the CTP6 EPP?
-How much study time is required to be successful on the CTP Exam?
-Is the CTP Exam Prep Platform study material printable?
-Do I need to purchase both study materials for the CTP Exam?
-How much does the Essentials of Treasury Management, 7th Edition cost?
-How long does my subscription to the CTP EPP Last?
-How do I request an extension of my CTP EPP access?
-Where can I find chapter-specific questions?
-How many attempts do I have on each activity?
-What is the refund policy for the CTP Exam Prep Platform?
CTP TEST DAY FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
CTP EPP UPDATES
AFP can update all content within the Exam Prep Platform in real time. Using the online CTP EPP ensures that the content you are reviewing is current. Any new features or substantial changes will be announced to all candidates. Any issues in the content that are not able to be updated in a timely fashion will be captured on this page.
AFP also produces the printed version of the Essentials of Treasury Management, 7th Edition. Updates that have caused the CTP EPP to not match perfectly with the printed book will be captured as well.
CTP EXAM PREP PLATFORM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How does the current CTP7 version of the platform compare to the previous CTP6 version?
As far as the text goes, there is about a 90% similarity between the CTP6 and CTP7 versions. The largest change is the way chapter 2 is structured. This chapter is used to house all the regulation materials. Now, chapter 2 is general regulation
with specifics about categories housed in the chapters where that material is covered. For instance, money market regulation is no longer in chapter 2, it's housed in chapter 5 alongside the discussion about money markets.
More specifically, here are the bullets provided by the author:
- A restructure of the content covering regulation. It is covered at a high level in Chapter 2. A more detailed discussion of specific regulation is now included in the chapter to which the regulation relates. It is hoped this restructuring will make the content on regulation easier for candidates to navigate and understand.
- A greater emphasis on private sources of funding.
- A restructure of the content relating to corporations, or groups of companies. This includes a more detailed discussion of working capital tools (including in-house banks and virtual accounts), revisions to the content on taxation, and a greater focus on the corporate structure of group subsidiaries.
- The content has been amended to reflect the replacement of LIBOR and other IBOR reference rates. This includes information on the replacement rates, as well as revisions to the sections on interest rate risk management.
- The content includes other areas of updating reflecting the changing market environment since the drafting and publication of the sixth edition. For example, there is updated content on developments in real-time/instant and digital payments.
Are there changes to any of the formulas in the CTP7 version of the material?
Here are some other changes around formulas:
- Chapter 7, Topic 2: The current reserve requirement set by the Federal Reserve is 0%. We have updated some of the charts and text to reflect this, but the formula has not changed because the Fed set the requirement to zero but did not eliminate the mechanism, so they could increase the reserve requirement at some future point. There are questions in both the EPP and the exam that may feature a reserve requirement that is above zero, so study the formula in the book.
- Chapter 9, Topic 6: The formula for residual income has been updated to: Net Income - Equity Charge. The previous version of this equation double-counted the cost of debt, this version corrects that issue.
What are the improvements that have been made to the CTP7 EPP compared to the CTP6 EPP?
Here are the details:
- AFP filmed new videos that have a total run time of 15 hours and 40 minutes across the platform.
- The CTP7 will have 1,310 Questions, which is a 16% increase over the CTP6. All questions have been reviewed and linked to the CTP7 material.
- Every topic knowledge check now has a minimum of three questions, with 564 total questions across all knowledge checks.
- Each CTP7 chapter has end of chapter quiz in the summary topic at the end of the chapter. The chapter quiz will pull randomly across all knowledge checks in that chapter.
- AFP eliminated calculation activities and has spread those questions across the material (this decision was made because of the low number of students who used this feature on CTP6, the decision to move these questions into material more students use).
- All calculation questions now have an embedded spreadsheet. As part of the CTP7 linked CTP exam, students will have the ability to launch a simple spreadsheet tool for calculations.
- The Post-Test has been revamped to include 156 questions and is more calculation heavy, this gives students a better understanding of what concepts and chapters on which they are struggling.
- AFP has included a feature called Quick Quizzes. There are two of these, conceptual and calculation. Each pulls 10 questions across the Platform (Pre-test, Post-test, and knowledge check banks) that are either conceptual (no calculations) or calculations. These activities can be launched as either timed or non-timed. Timed conceptual quizzes give one minute per question. Timed Calculation quizzes give four minutes per question. This is higher than the average per question on the actual exam (1 minute 17 seconds approximately). The expectation is that students will bank time on the conceptual questions to be used on the calculation questions. The conceptual quick quiz pulls across a bank of 542 questions. The calculation quick quiz pulls across a bank of 177 questions.
- The CTP7 EPP also features 3 practice exam banks. The official practice exam is 292 questions not found elsewhere in the platform; each attempt will pull 170. The Platform wide practice exam will pull questions from across the platform (Pre-test,
Post-test, and knowledge check banks) for a total question bank of 827 questions. The retired practice exam bank will launch 170 retired test questions that we have updated to conform to the latest material and will have an explanation for
the correct answer. The retired question bank is unique, and those questions are not found elsewhere in the platform. All these practice exams will provide results by chapter and calculations and can be launched as either a timed practice
exam or in knowledge check mode (no timer, feedback after each question).
How much study time is required to be successful on the CTP Exam?
Preparation time will vary depending on a student’s background knowledge, professional experience and learning preferences. However, it is recommended that a student devotes a minimum of 50 hours over the course of 2-3 months to study. Some
candidates devote closer to 75 hours over 4-6 months to prepare for the CTP Exam.
Is the CTP Exam Prep Platform study material printable?
Unfortunately, the CTP EPP is not printable as of now. The CTP Exam Prep Platform is 100% digital. However, you can purchase the Essentials of Treasury Management
, 7th edition if you prefer to study away from a computer.
Is there a downloadable eBook for the CTP EPP?
The CTP Exam Prep Platform does not have an eBook version available. The entirety of the study material can be accessed on any device that has a web browser. This allows student’s the flexibility to study on the go from any smart device.
Do I need to purchase both study materials for the CTP Exam?
No. The Essentials of Treasury Management, 7th Edition is the text on which the CTP exam is based. The Exam Prep Platform contains all the text of the book as well as numerous additional resources designed to aid student's study plans. Either may be purchased independently or as a bundle depending on a student’s preparation needs.
How much does the Essentials of Treasury Management, 7th Edition cost?
The Essentials of Treasury Management, 7th Edition costs $185 for an AFP member, and $285 for a non-member, plus applicable sales tax, and shipping. Standard Shipping and handling for the Essentials of Treasury Management, 7th Edition is $12 in the U.S. and $54 internationally. Sales tax will be calculated if applicable upon checkout.
How long does my subscription to the CTP EPP Last?
Your initial subscription to the CTP EPP is good for one year from the date of purchase. Candidates may request an extension past the expiration date if they are currently enrolled for a future CTP exam test window. The extension will cover access through the end of the enrolled test window.
How do I request an extension for my CTP EPP access?
If you would like to request an extension to your subscription past the one-year initial term, you can do so by submitting a ticket through the “Need Assistance?” button within the EPP. To qualify for an extension, you will need to be registered for an upcoming exam window (attaching a receipt of your registration to that upcoming window will reduce processing time). Your extension will only be valid until the end of your selected exam window.
Where can I find chapter-specific questions?
There are two kinds of questions at the chapter level:
- Knowledge Checks that are found at the end of every topic within a chapter except for Introduction and Summary topics.
- End of Chapter quizzes that can be found at the end of the summary topic for each chapter. These quizzes will pull randomly from all knowledge check questions throughout that chapter.
How many attempts do I have on each activity?
No activity within the EPP is limited to the number of attempts. You may complete any activity as many times as a student deems is necessary to fully understand the concepts presented in the material.
What is the refund policy for the CTP Exam Prep Platform?
For a refund for your purchase of the platform please contact our Customer Service department at [email protected]. The return period is 10 days from the date of purchase. Return requests outside this period will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
CTP EXAM PREP PLATFORM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What kind of calculators will I have available on my test day?
The onscreen calculator can be toggled between a simple four-function calculator (similar to a TI-108) and a scientific calculator (similar to a TI-30XS). The one advantage of the scientific calculator is that it can handle exponents which you may need for any present value / future value calculations.
There is a demo of the basic Pearson exam environment, which can be found here: Pearson VUE testing tutorial. It's just a demo of their software, not of the CTP exam. However, it does include the ability to launch the calculator for you to practice some of your calculations.
At some testing centers, a handheld four-function calculator may be available upon request. Availability is not guaranteed, plan on using the on-screen options.
Will I have access to scratch paper for the exam?
Yes, you may request scratch paper from your test administrator. This will most likely be in the form of a dry eraser marker and laminated sheets of paper.
How does scoring work for the CTP Exam?
Please see the following page on the CTP website for a description of the scoring process: https://ctpcert.afponline.org/take-the-exam/ctp-exam-scoring
When will I receive my CTP Exam results?
Please see the following page on the CTP website for information about exam results: https://ctpcert.afponline.org/take-the-exam/results