Dear AFP members,
Virtually every day I find myself trying to make sense of a chaotic and uncertain world that often presents daily challenges for our organizations and each of us individually. At this year’s AFP conference we will have a unique, and perhaps, a once in a lifetime opportunity, to listen and learn from a remarkable group of speakers who will share a lifetime of experiences and insights with us, addressing the most pressing issues of the times.
This group of speakers includes:
- Ben Bernanke, former chairman of the Federal Reserve, who will offer his views on the near and long-term economic outlook domestically and globally
- Thomas L. Friedman, New York Times columnist, Pulitzer Prize winner and one of the leading voices on relations in the Middle East, who will discuss the significant and varied global risks and how the U.S. is navigating those issues
- Jason Redman, former Navy Seal, who will relay his leadership experiences, how he has turned adversity to opportunity and how these lessons can be applied to the corporate environment
- Robert S. Mueller, former director of the FBI, who will provide insights on assuming the responsibilities of leading the FBI two weeks after September 11, and addressing ever-growing global risks
- Gen. Keith B. Alexander, former head of the NSA, who will discuss the balancing act between increased security and personal privacy, along with the challenges of addressing cybersecurity
- Zachary Karabell, Harvard economist and author, who will explain how the currently accepted measures of economic health should be challenged by our ability to assess large amounts of different data for a more accurate forecast.
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity. See you in DC!
President and CEO, AFP
Learn more about the 2014 AFP Annual Conference here.