Improving Forecast Accuracy
Wednesday,1/29/2020 - 2/5/2020
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern Time
Forecasts are all but guaranteed to be wrong. Nevertheless, companies should always aspire to be as accurate as possible. This half day course is designed to provide participants with implementation ready and theoretical approaches for improving the accuracy of forecasts. Attendees will discover how to identify key business drivers of growth and improve future visibility for agile decision making. Attendees will learn how to implement simple yet powerful modeling techniques to remove guesswork, increase their confidence, and mitigate risk through data integration, scenario management, and predictive simulation.
- Develop Cross-departmental forecasting processes and workflows allowing forecasts to be updated regularly efficiently
- Identify which elements of the forecast need the most diligence and which elements expose the organization to risk
- Review a driver-driven and flexible financial model to accommodate changing internal and external information
- Assess whether agile planning and automated re-forecasting tools are right for their organizations
Participants should have the following qualifications:
- Intermediate-to-advanced understanding of finance and accounting concepts and theory
- Basic-to-intermediate understanding of Microsoft Excel and financial modeling
Seidman Global LLC
Carl Seidman is a trusted business advisor specializing in financial planning & analysis (FP&A) business strategy, and finance transformation. He coaches and advises FP&A professionals at Fortune 500 corporations and middle-market companies, helping establish best practices, processes, and sustainable business models. At the same time, he brings finance professionals greater control over their careers by helping them build their skills while eliminating time-wasting activities and mistakes.
Carl occasionally serves as an outsourced CFO advisor to a select number of entrepreneurial businesses throughout North America and Europe and assists them with strategic financial planning, value enhancement, and revitalization. He's a much-sought-after speaker and trainer and conducts over 40 training programs annually to companies across the globe.
Carl is a CPA and has earned other professional credentials including CIRA, CFF, CFE, and AM (Accredited Member in business valuation). He lives in Chicago with his wife and twin sons.