FP&A Exam Prep Bootcamp
Wednesdays, January 8th through February 5th, 2020
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM Eastern Time
The FP&A Exam Prep Bootcamp is designed for professionals who need a refresher on the topics covered in the FP&A exam but have limited time to do so.
This 10 hour long course requires attendees to have access to the FP&A Exam Prep Platform.
This event is reserved for registered FP&A Candidates.
If you have already gone through the FP&A Exam Prep Platform, this boot camp is the perfect way to strengthen your knowledge and skills. The last session of the boot camp is a capstone that brings together all of the different FP&A concepts in order to mimic the case analysis question type.
Dates: Wednesdays, January 8th through February 5th, 2020
Time: 4:00 PM- 6:00 PM ET
- Constructing financial statements
- Developing and interpreting financial ratios
- Running and interpreting a regression analysis
- Calculating a price-volume-mix analysis (advanced)
- Calculating a probability adjusted NPV
- Learning intermediate and advanced excel functions/tools (ex. Goal Seek and Optimization)
- Discussing the strategic side of investments and looking beyond NPV and IRR
- Case Analysis: Putting the concepts to work with critical thinking and decision making
This event is reserved for registered FP&A Candidates
SpeakerMike Carpenter, FP&A
VP of FP&A
Mike joined NWN earlier in 2019 as the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis. Before NWN, he held leadership roles at Sparx Hockey, Cimpress, PAREXEL International, Merck Millipore, Lake Region Medical, the Tampa Bay Rays and Yum! Brands. Mike has an engineering degree from Cornell University and an MBA from the University of Chicago. He obtained his FP&A Certification in 2015 and has been teaching FP&A Exam Prep classes at Rice University Glasscock School of Continuing Education since 2016. Mike and his wife have one child and live in the suburbs of Boston.