Survey Research & Economic Data
AFP Data Intelligence Survey
The recent interest surrounding data intelligence cannot be ignored - the wealth of available data, immense computing power and strong analytical capabilities drive organization decision making that supports product development and customer satisfaction and contributes to growth.
Articles on the AFP Data Intelligence Survey:
- Data Debate: Should Finance Own Data Intelligence
- Survey: Management Support is Key to Robust Data Analysis
- Data Intelligence Success: Asking the Right Questions is Key
Successful data intelligence programs share a handful of common characteristics:
- Strong executive management support, including direct leadership
- Extensive data intelligence programs that serve many departments across the company
- Finance is a key strategic partner in the data intelligence program
- Data intelligence operations are centralized under a single data intelligence group
The greater commitment an organization makes to its data intelligence program, the greater likelihood the program will make a substantive contribution to the success of the organization and thus be deemed a success itself. Sixty-two percent of survey respondents from organizations with extensive data intelligence programs indicate that their data intelligence programs are successful compared to 24 percent of respondents from organizations with data intelligence programs that have a limited scope.