Survey Research & Economic Data
2022 AFP Compensation Report
The 2022 Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) Compensation Survey reports that treasury and finance professionals earned an average 4.4% base salary increase in 2021, a 1.5% increase from the 2.9% gain in 2020. The base pay increase of 4.4% is the highest salary increase reported in the past ten years. A total of 1,910 financial professionals responded to the survey, providing salary information for 3,352 incumbents.
Key highlights from the survey include:
- In 2021, 69% of organizations awarded bonuses to their employees.
- In 2021, financial professionals with an MBA earned an average base salary that was nearly $11,000 higher than that of their counterparts who held only a bachelor’s degree or high school diploma or associate degree.
- Paid maternity leave, and paid paternity leave are each offered by an equal percentage of organizations (58 percent).
- Dissatisfaction with compensation and benefits was the primary reason employees resigned from their jobs in the past six months.
- Respondents believe offering flexible work environment is the most important action organizations can take to build loyalty among employees and prevent staff attrition.
AFP Compensation Dashboard:
The Compensation Dashboard provides a snapshot of salary information for 19 treasury/finance job titles, using data from the 2022 AFP Compensation Survey.
Access the AFP Compensation Dashboard.
AFP Finance and Accountant Careers:
AFP’s interactive map and career pathway will allow you to find the skills that are necessary to move into the next role on your career journey and is valuable in helping you formulate a structured personal development plan to get to that next step.
Access the Tool Here.
If you are interested in referencing data from this report in marketing materials, etc. please contact Mariam Lamech, Director Survey Research at [email protected].
Journalists should contact [email protected] or call 301.907.2862 for more in-depth information, to read the comprehensive report or to arrange an interview with the AFP Research team.
Contact Mariam Lamech, AFP's Director of Survey Research.