You may also be interested in:


Treasury’s Value, Regulation among Hot AFP Topics for 2014

  • By Staff Writers
  • Published: 12/30/2014
As we close out the year, AFP is taking a look back at the most-read articles of 2014. How treasury can demonstrate its value to the CFO, as well as what treasury needs to do about new rules for money market funds and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) were hot topics this year. Also in 2014, AFP readers were particularly interested in Apple Pay, and financial planning and analysis.

How Can Treasury Demonstrate its Value to the CFO?
Does your CFO fully comprehend the value of treasury? During a session at the CTC Executive Institute of the 2014 AFP Annual Conference, treasurers provided three key ways to display that value.

10 Steps Every Treasurer Should Take to Handle New Money Fund Rules
Tom Hunt, CTP, Director of Treasury Services for the Association for Financial Professionals, lists 10 steps every treasurer should take to prepare for the new money market fund rules approved today by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

FATCA: What Businesses Need to Know
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is scheduled to take effect July 1, 2014. The law imposes new reporting requirements and a withholding mechanism on payments made from U.S. sources to certain noncompliant foreign entities.

Obey or Pay: It's Time for Treasurers to Act on FATCA
With the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) scheduled to take effect on July 1, many treasury departments are making sure they know what they need to do to comply. Not surprisingly, the law was a major topic of discussion at this week's AFP Treasury Advisory Group meeting in Dallas.

Before Adopting Apple Pay—Stop, Look & Listen
Your treasury department may be infatuated with the buzz surrounding Apple Pay and other alternative payments technology. But before you switch, there's one rule that every treasury and finance professional must consider.

Is iPhone 6's Apple Pay the 'Holy Grail' of Mobile Payments?
Retail treasurers have been waiting for years for a breakthrough in mobile payments. With cutting-edge security, support from big banks and retailers, and millions of consumers ready to buy the new iPhone when it launches September 19, Apple Pay just might be that solution.

Bank Fee Analysis: Hard Work but Worth the Effort
Bank fee analysis is one of the most mundane tasks in treasury and one of the most sought after. Done correctly, bank fee analysis can save your company tens of thousands—or even millions—of dollars off the annual cost of bank services.

Avoid These 'Deadly Sins' When Presenting Numbers
Finance professionals are responsible for most of their organizations' numbers. Unfortunately, that's only 10 percent of the challenge of communicating quantitative information effectively. The other 90 percent depends on communicating that information.

Mosaic's Treasurer Reveals His 6 Crucial Skills for Leading
Cris Barros was named assistant treasurer and later treasurer of Mosaic, though he had virtually no previous experience in treasury. But what he did have was the right combination of people skills and management experience that allowed him to lead the team effectively.

Obama Speeds Up EMV Migration – How Will Businesses React?
President Obama's latest executive order on cybersecurity promises to speed up the government's transition to EMV chip-and-PIN. This will surely impact treasury and finance professionals whose businesses transact with the federal government.

FP&A in Southeast Asia: The Right Tools, Talent Needed
Brian Kalish, director of AFP's FP&A practice, recently traveled to Southeast Asia, where practitioners stressed the need for better tools and talent in FP&A. Kalish also shared the advances AFP has made on the Corporate FP&A Professional Certification.

Self-Regulation: The Key to Improving Performance
Traditional performance management struggles mightily in today's business environment, where treasury and finance executives are exposed to increasing doses of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity. It raises the question of whether performance really can, or should be, managed at all.

The Time for CTP Certification is Now
The final deadline to submit your CTP application is November, 1.

Apply Now

Copyright © 2019 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.