The AFP Financial Planning and Analysis Advisory Council (FPAAC) is instrumental in helping the association deliver insightful, relevant and timely content to the membership and community.
Using its three main functions of communication, thought leadership and promotion and advocacy, over the past year, FPAAC has achieved the following:
- Lent their expertise in shaping the content of the highly successful AFP Annual Conference.
- Launched the FP&A Series, which consists of half-day mini-conferences designed to take a deep dive into a key FP&A topic. Join us on March 15 for the next one, “Getting Agility Right for Finance.”
- Released the “AFP FP&A Guide: Get Your Data Right” and the FP&A Handbook.
- Gave a facelift to the guide “The Transition from Accounting to FP&A.”
Published the 2022 AFP FP&A Survey: Measuring Agility in FP&A.
Members of AFP’s 2023 North America FP&A Advisory Council represent a broad cross-section of industries, organizational sizes and ownership structures, and were selected based on their contributions to the FP&A practice, expertise in specific areas, and desire to contribute to the advancement of their peers.
“AFP reflects standards of excellence within the finance industry via the ‘power of community’. Within this community, an ethos of continuous learning, networking, ideation, and connection creates the common bond that helps all of us be the best version of ourselves,” said 2023 Council Chair Scott Corvey, vice president of Finance - Investment Manager Solutions for Consero Global.
“The Financial Planning and Analysis Advisory Council exemplifies this by fostering growth, agility and maturity of the science of FP&A within an ever-changing economy and business ecosystem. As council chair, I am honored to work alongside such consummate professionals and experts within the industry, helping champion the momentum that the FPAAC drives.”
New members joining the Advisory Council for 2023:
- Ilana Esterrich, FPAC, Chief Financial Officer, American Coatings Association
- Marcus Gadson, FPAC, CTP, Finance Director, Wellpath
- Amy Johnson, FPAC, Senior Finance Manager, Amazon
- Justin Kuzma, FPAC, Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, U.S. Steel Corporation
- Johnson Le, Senior Financial Analyst, Western Alliance Bancorporation
- Philip Peck, Vice President - Finance Transformation & Advisory Services, Peloton
- Alina Traistaru, Vice President of Finance, University of Arizona Global Campus
- Jesse Todd, Director of Cross-Industry Finance Transformation, Microsoft
- Melissa Wong, Vice President of Finance Transformation, HarbourVest Partners
Continuing their service this year:
- Frank Chou, FPAC, CTP, Senior Manager of FP&A, EVgo
- Scott Corvey (2023 chair), FPAC, Vice President of Finance, Consero Global
- Kayla Davis (2022 chair), SVP Assistant Controller, Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp
- Jaime Dzerve, FPAC, Director of FP&A, Verizon
- Ken Fick, Founder, FP&A Experts
- David Gold, Regional Finance Director, Northern Europe, Covetrus
- Catherine Jirak, Principal, QueBIT Consulting
- Nikita Miller, FPAC, Director of Facilities and FP&, The Kresge Foundation
- Hector Rubalcava, FPAC, Director of FP&A, Press Ganey
- Mario Vasquez, FPAC, Senior Director of Finance, The E.W. Scripps Company
- Jenn Zinschlag, Partner, Artemis Executive Search
We would also like to offer our sincerest thanks to the following members who have achieved their maximum service terms and are stepping down from the Advisory Council this year:
- Eric Ellis (past council chair), Chief Financial Officer, National Restaurant Association
- Camille Felton King, FPAC, CTP, Principal Team Leader, Financial Solutions, Chick-fil-A Corporate Support Center
- Joe Groat, FPAC, Director, FP&A, U.S. Steel Corporation
- Kristine Karlsen, FPAC, Strategy & Corporate Development Manager, WGL
- Kevin Lennon, FPAC, Chief Financial Officer, Time Out Properties, LLC
- Betsy MacLean, Vice President of Finance and Interim President, H Maclean Realty Company, Inc., and Chair for Audit Committee and Independent Director, mCloud Corp
- Raja Ramachandran, FPAC, CTP, Director, Global FP&A, Owens & Minor
- Geetanjali Tandon (past council chair), Senior Vice President of FP&A, Ceridian
- Carmen Turner, FPAC, Director of FP&A, Carmen Consulting Group