LIBOR Transition to SOFR and Impact to Corporate Treasurers and Banks - AFP of Arizona
Replacing LIBOR "would be the most profound development in financial markets" for years to come. LIBOR is the rate that banks charge each other for short-term loans, but is also used as the benchmark
A Treasurer’s Guide to Open Banking
Open Banking Course
Best Practices in Treasury Connectivity
The latest Treasury in Practice Guide, underwritten by Kyriba, examines best practices in treasury connectivity.
Best Practices in Treasury Connectivity
In this Treasury in Practice Guide, underwritten by Kyriba, we will explore the best practices in treasury connectivity.
TMS Buyer's Guide
The 2018 AFP Guide to Treasury Management Systems provides corporate practitioners with a closer look at the process of selecting a TMS. This new guide gives you, the treasury professional, a glimpse
Regional Treasury Centers in Hong Kong: What Treasurers Should Know
Enoch Fung, Head of Market Development for the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, spoke to AFP about why American companies should establish regional treasury centres in Hong Kong.
AFP Executive Institute Addresses Fintech, Mitigating Crises
To help corporate treasurers and chief financial officers plan and prepare for technological disruption and possible crises that come from sudden change, the 2018 AFP Executive Institute, sponsored by
Welcome to AFP 2018
Jim Kaitz, President and CEO of the Association for Financial Professionals, welcomes you to AFP 2018, November 4-7 in Chicago.
Keys to Operating Regional Treasury Centers
Nick Powell, global head of commercialization, liquidity and investment products for HSBC, provides some best practices for treasury departments that are considering opening a regional treasury center
The Road to Liboration
Corporate treasurers soon will be experiencing significant change – the departure of LIBOR as they know it. New products will be coming to market, replacing many of the variable-rate products treasure
Establishing & Structuring Regional Treasury Centers
The latest AFP Executive Guide, underwritten by Thomson Reuters, reviews the factors that organizations need to consider when establishing and structuring a regional treasury center.
U.S. Firms Remain Reluctant to Invest Cash Reserves
U.S. companies continued to build cash reserves in the third quarter of 2018, according to the latest AFP Corporate Cash Indicators®, underwritten by BMO.
Operating Regional Treasury Centers
This AFP Executive guide outlines the factors organizations need to consider when establishing and structuring a regional treasury center.
- Noninterest Bearing Deposits Soon to Be Nonentities?Companies have been pulling cash out of noninterest earning deposits, and banks have been taking a hit. However, this could also have negative ramifications for corporates in the long run.
- Adoption of the FX Global Code Exceeds ExpectationsThe GFXC has published an update to the Foreign Exchange Global Code. The document is a must-read for any corporate treasury executive with FX responsibility for their organization.
- 2018 AFP Technology Survey
Underwritten by BELLIN
AFP’s 2018 Technology Survey examines the landscape of emerging technologies and their current and anticipated impact within treasury & fina
- Four Success Factors for Treasury CentresA leading practice in treasury management is to centralise operations into a treasury centre, and an in-house bank (IHB) is considered a best-in-class structure of a regional or global treasury functi
- A Treasurers Guide to Open BankingThis course will discuss regulatory initiatives in Europe (PSD2) and the UK (Open Banking) that are bringing more competition and innovation to the financial services and its effects on US treasury op
- Treasury Job DescriptionsTreasury job descriptions, from the Treasurer through Assistant Cash Manager, with suggested experience, job knowledge and skills outlined.
- CFO Interview Questions for Kemmy KohKemmy Koh, Group CFO of Chinese Global Investors Group, also is founder and managing director of Kglow SkinLab. Koh spoke to AFP for the latest edition of CFO Interview Questions.
- Treasurers, Your LIBOR Feedback is Needed for FallbacksThe ARRC and ISDA are looking for feedback from corporate end-users on how the transition away from LIBOR could impact them.
- Business Continuity Planning: 4 Tips for TreasurersExtreme weather events are happening more and more frequently. That’s why it is crucial for companies to have a strong business continuity plan in place.
- How Treasury Can Navigate KYC ChallengesCraig Jeffery, CCM, Managing Partner, Strategic Treasurer, discusses how corporate treasury professionals are managing the increasing challenges of KYC requirements.
- Why You Need an Energy Price Risk Management StrategyThe five reasons why treasurers need to implement an energy price risk management strategy.
- Risk Management Need Not Be Expensive: 8 Tips for TreasurersRisk is a necessary evil that treasury and finance executives have to deal with in today’s complex and highly-integrated world. But risk management need not be expensive.
- Preparing an RFP for a Treasury SystemSarah Schaus, Assistant Treasurer and AVP for Allianz Life Insurance Company, provides some key tips on preparing an RFP for treasury management system providers.
- Case Study: NYU Moves from Excel to a Treasury SystemAbout three years ago, the treasury department at New York University decided to move from Excel to a treasury management system.
- Corporate Finance: Financing Real Assets in Challenging MarketsInvesting in real assets in frontier markets can be challenging. Here are five tips to consider to help you finance real assets effectively.
- The Impact of Tax Cuts on Corporate SpendingProf. Lee F. Pinkowitz of Georgetown University discusses whether the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 is stimulating the deployment of corporate cash balances.
- How Corporate Spending Impacts Economic GrowthProfessor Lee F. Pinkowitz of the Georgetown University McDonough School of Business discusses how corporate spending and capital investment impact economic growth.
- Study: U.S. Firms Accumulate Cash at a Slower PaceU.S. companies continued to accumulate cash during the second quarter of 2018, but at a slower pace than they did in the previous quarter, according to the latest AFP Corporate Cash Indicators® (CCI).
- What Today's Treasurers Want in a TMSBob Stark, Vice President of Strategy for Kyriba, discusses what today's treasury professionals are looking for when purchasing a treasury management system (TMS).
- Payments Industry Is Focused on Real-Time, New Tech
- 2018 AFP Liquidity SurveyUnderwritten by State Street Global Advisors (SSGA)
AFP’s Annual Liquidity Survey examines current and emerging trends in organizations’ cash and short-term investment holdings, investm
- Choose Wisely: Selecting the Right Treasury SystemThe latest Treasury in Practice Guide, underwritten by Kyriba, explores the ins and outs of selecting a treasury management system.
- 2018 AFP Treasury in Practice Guide to Selecting the Right TMS
- 2018 AFP Executive Guide - Treasury's Impact on the Financial Statements - Executive Summary
- Treasury’s Impact on the Financial StatementsThe latest AFP Executive Guide, underwritten by Chatham Financial, explores treasury’s impact on financial statements.
- 2018 AFP Executive Guide - Treasury's Impact on the Financial Statements
- Blockchain: Still in the Testing Stage, But Here to StayBlockchain gurus believe that the technology will revamp payment systems and even the capital markets. But for corporate treasury professionals, the biggest impact may be in more mundane activities, s
- Noninterest Bearing Deposits Soon to Be Nonentities?