Now That You're a CTP
Congratulations! You've worked hard to earn the Certified Treasury Professional ® credential and you deserve to let everyone know you've succeeded. Earning the CTP was a significant investment in your career and your future. It took time, effort and dedication to earn this symbol of excellence that signifies that an individual has demonstrated the knowledge and skills required to perform competently in today's complex treasury environment.
You've taken an important step in your professional development. Now leverage your certification and take advantage of the competitive edge that CTP certification provides.
1. Always use CTP after your name.
Use it on:
• Business Cards
• Email Signature
• Resume (See below for sample language.)
• Corporate Photo ID
• Cover Letters
• Web Site
• Company Directories, Staff Listings
• Articles in Professional Publications
• Certificates, Diplomas, Name Plates, Badges
• Bios appearing on company web sites or in related print materials
Include a brief synopsis of what certification means, what is required to get the certification, and why it sets you apart from others in the profession on proposals for projects.
The CTP is recognized as the industry standard for certification. Employers and customers will recognize and commend your new CTP status.
2. Accept and Share your Digital Badge. AFP has partnered with Acclaim to provide you with a digital version of your credential. Backed by Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, Acclaim is a badging platform that provides a web-enabled version of your credential that can be shared online, labor market insights that connect your skills to jobs and a trusted method for real-time credential verification. When you receive the email to claim your badge, be sure to accept and share in your email and on social media. Learn more about Digital Badging.
3. Get LinkedIn. LinkedIn is a networking Web site that connects you to your professional relationships. The CTP Group on LinkedIn is a group where you can connect with your certified treasury and finance peers, and boost your profile by promoting your credential. Join the CTP Group on LinkedIn.
Are you on Facebook? Join the CTP group on Facebook, too.
4. Immediately inform your supervisor, CEO, and HR manager of your new credential. Request letters on AFP stationary be sent to announce your achievement. Click here to request an Award Notification be sent to your employer.
5. Announce your new credential to your community. Use the CTP press release template and send an announcement to industry publications and the business section of your local paper. Download the CTP Press Release Template.
6. Spread the word about CTP. Do a brown bag presentation at work or your local chapter meeting. Customize the CTP power point presentation for your needs and request CTP Candidate Information Bulletins from AFP to distribute at your meeting. Don't forget that making presentations about the CTP qualify for recertification credits. Download the CTP presentation.
7. Display your certificate in your office. AFP has partnered with The Award Group to make frames available for your certificate, Approximately 6-8 weeks after passing the exam, newly certified CTPs will receive an email from The Award Group. You will be able to verify your mailing address and confirm that the information on your certificate is correct. Certificates a mailed approximately 1-3 weeks after you have confirmed the information. You will receive an email when the certificate is mailed.
8. Wear the CTP pin at industry events. Order your complimentary CTP Lapel Pin.
9. Include "CTP required" or "CTP preferred" when submitting requirements to fill positions within your company and/or writing job descriptions.
10. Refer a CTP. There is no better way to show commitment to your credential and the profession than by encouraging your colleagues to earn the CTP. When you refer eligible colleagues to become certified, you: 1) Support them in their careers; 2) Help them improve efficiency and effectiveness by increasing their competency level; 3) Elevate the profession.
AND for your eligible CTP candidate referral, we'll send you an Amazon.com Gift Card! Refer a CTP today.
11. Become a CTP Success Story. Tell us how you have benefited from achieving your CTP. Your testimonial could be selected to be included on the AFP website or in the CTP Candidate Bulletin and brochures. Submit your CTP Success Story Questionnaire.
12. Become a mentor. Help someone else earn treasury management's most respected credential. You recognize the value of CTP certification and the respect it commands in the industry. Do you know someone else who would benefit by becoming CTP certified? Pass on the power of certification by becoming a mentor. Explain what professional certification can mean. Offer encouragement, answer questions, and share information about available resources to prepare for the exam.
13. Recertify. You've worked hard to earn your credential, make sure you hold on to it. Be sure to fulfill your recertification requirements so you can remain a CTP throughout your career. Map out a plan to earn the continuing education credit you need to recertify and to stay up-to-date in the industry. Visit the Recertification page for more information.
Sample Resume Language
The Certified Treasury Professional ® (CTP) designation is evidence that an individual is certified in corporate treasury and cash management. The credential is awarded based upon experience and passing of a rigorous examination that provides objective measure of an individual's broad-based knowledge and competency in treasury management. Ongoing professional development is required in order to maintain the credential. The CTP is administered by the Association for Financial Professionals, the leading association for treasury and financial management professionals, with more than 16,000 members worldwide.