Effective Communication Skills for Financial Professionals
September 6, 2017
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Communications and Marketing
Communication skills are vital to a financial professional’s business success. One study estimates that 85 percent of success in business is determined by communication skills, and employers rank “verbal communication skills” as the most important skill necessary to do the job well. This seminar provides strategies and tools that can be immediately applied, including how to create a communication skills development plan. Learn how to effectively communicate through both written and verbal financial presentations.
This course will take an innovative delivery approach.
- A half-hour recording will be made available on August 15 to attendees as a high-level introduction to course content and way to submit specific questions or scenarios to the instructor to incorporate into the overall materials. Attendees who register after August 15 will be still be sent the recording.
- The 2-hour live virtual seminar on September 6is the main presentation of content where the instructor builds upon the feedback given from the initial recorded segment.
- Two weeks after the live session, on September 20 there will be a half-hour reinforcement seminar to review lessons learned and how the takeaways worked in practice.
- Understand your audience and its influences
- Develop techniques to improve active listening skills
- Learn best practices for communicating across cultural differences and contexts
- Learn to present numbers effectively for maximum influence
Managing Director, The FPA Group
John Sanchez has over 20 years of experience in accounting and finance. Upon earning his Bachelor of Science in Accounting at The Florida State University, he started his career at Kenneth Leventhal & Co. where he worked on audit and tax. John then transitioned to corporate finance and worked at several Fortune 500 companies including Blockbuster Entertainment, AutoNation USA and Royal Caribbean Cruises.
John Sanchez has served in various roles in financial planning and analysis, mergers & acquisitions and corporate development. Prior to starting his consulting career, he was the Manager of Corporate Development for the Used Vehicle Division of AutoNation where he was responsible for the division's long term strategic plan.