Accounts Payable and Disbursements Process
Objective: Disburse available funds mobilized in the Cash Concentration Process to vendors, suppliers, employees and other payees in a timely and costeffective manner.
Key considerations in the management of the Accounts Payable and Disbursements Process include such factors as:
- Configuration of the disbursement system in light of the company's need for centralization vs. decentralization of payments.
- Determining the amount of net liquidity available for investing, or the financing required after considering the accounts payable and other obligations which must be released from the disbursement system.
- Managing disbursement float without disrupting trade and commercial relationships.
- Using risk management and fraud prevention techniques to protect and safeguard the company.
- Using innovative disbursement products and methods, such as imaging and Web-based invoice presentment and payment platforms.