SCT Seeking Executive Committee Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-08-29
Society of Canadian Treasurers (SCT) members interested in serving on the executive committee can submit their application to SCT by September 24. Committee members serve two-year terms and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the committee’s vision.
Submissions should include: a biographical sketch containing past involvement in other treasury or finance related organizations; a resume which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor; as well as information on the candidate’s employer, such as an annual report.
Mail submissions to: SCT Executive Committee, 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750, Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2015 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- The Two Sneaky Costs Apple Pay is Hiding from MerchantsApple Pay has been the hottest topic in payments for months, but there are hidden costs that retail treasurers must weigh before jumping on the bandwagon.
- MMFs or SMAs? Why a Hybrid Approach Can WorkMoney market funds (MMFs) and separately managed accounts (SMAs) are both important—if slightly different—investment strategies. Corporations who are confident in the vector of the current economy should consider a mixed MMF/SMA approach.
- AFP In-Depth: Treasury Insights on Fraud, CybersecurityIn the latest video from AFP's In-Depth series, Rue Jenkins, assistant treasurer at Costco, discusses why EMV technology is really only effective in card-present transactions. He also weighs in on the things treasurers should think about when trying to improve cyberpayment security.
- Futures in Finance: Key Insights for Careers in FP&AThis month, Futures in Finance turns its attention towards FP&A. We begin with a profile of Todd Peterson, FP&A, financial analytics manager for AARP and one of the inaugural class of the Corporate FP&A Professional Certification. We also preview the upcoming FP&A Leadership Summit in Amsterdam, with an interview with keynote speaker Rahaf Harfoush.
- Bridging the Gap between Treasury and FP&AA common occurrence facing many corporations today is disconnect among departments. For ABM Industries Inc., one of the areas where this disconnect occurred was between FP&A and treasury.