SCT Seeking Executive Committee Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-08-29
Society of Canadian Treasurers (SCT) members interested in serving on the executive committee can submit their application to SCT by September 24. Committee members serve two-year terms and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the committee’s vision.
Submissions should include: a biographical sketch containing past involvement in other treasury or finance related organizations; a resume which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor; as well as information on the candidate’s employer, such as an annual report.
Mail submissions to: SCT Executive Committee, 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750, Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2015 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- AFP Fraudwatch: Think Twice Before Sending that WireThe IC3 sent out an alert this week that cybercriminals stole nearly $215 million from businesses through a scam known as the business email compromise (BEC). The scam will sound all too familiar to many corporate treasurers who regularly make wire transfers.
- Futures in Finance: How to Be Effective in the BoardroomThis month, Vivian James Rigney, executive and leadership coach for Inside Us, provides treasury and finance professionals with tips on how to improve communication in the boardroom. Also, AFP is looking for practitioners to participate in updating the body of knowledge for the CTP examination.
- Boardroom Conversations: How to Read the RoomTreasury and finance professionals often interact with other departments who are not aware of what they do. Vivian James Rigney, Executive and Leadership Coach for Inside Us, provides tips on how financial professionals can prepare for those conversations.
- Finally: The Fed Outlines Plan for Speeding Up U.S. PaymentsThe Federal Reserve released a whitepaper this week detailing its plan for speeding up the U.S. payments system. Corporate treasurers would be wise to get involved in the process, to ensure that their voices aren’t lost in the shuffle.
- AFP EconWatch: A Bright First Quarter for U.S. BusinessesU.S. businesses are expecting to shed cash holdings during the first quarter. Additionally, U.S. business activity in Q4 2014 was robust, and home sales picked up in December.