SCT Seeking Executive Committee Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-08-29
Society of Canadian Treasurers (SCT) members interested in serving on the executive committee can submit their application to SCT by September 24. Committee members serve two-year terms and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the committee’s vision.
Submissions should include: a biographical sketch containing past involvement in other treasury or finance related organizations; a resume which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor; as well as information on the candidate’s employer, such as an annual report.
Mail submissions to: SCT Executive Committee, 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750, Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2013 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- BofA Endorses Bitcoin, PBOC Blocks ItBank of America Merrill Lynch gave a ringing endorsement for bitcoin Thursday, while the People’s Bank of China did the exact opposite. What either action means for the future is anyone’s guess.
- Political Uncertainty Leaves Finance Execs Reluctant to SpendIn three surveys conducted by AFP over the past few months, financial professionals indicated that one of the barriers to greater, more steady economic growth is the reality and perception that leaders in Washington are unable to reach consensus on a number of issues impacting the United States.
- AFP Fraudwatch: Bitcoin Heists on the RiseThis week, we look at the recent string of cyberattacks on bitcoin payment processors and exchanges, which appear to be the latest hotspot for cybercriminals. Also, Booz Allen reveals its Top Financial Services Cyber Security Trends for 2014.
- RMB Unseats Euro as No. 2 Trade Finance CurrencyThe Chinese renminbi has replaced the euro as the second most used currency in trade finance, according to a new report from SWIFT. Usage of RMB in traditional trade finance—letters of credit and collections—has increased from an activity share of 1.89 percent in January 2012 to 8.66 percent in October 2013.
- Best Practices: Developing a Cash ForecastAn accurate cash forecast will allow you the ability to match your cash inflows and short-term investments with your short-term cash needs. This information will provide you the opportunity to maximize your investment income by capturing greater returns on excess cash through longer-term investment vehicles.