The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) invites financial executives to the 2013 AFP Annual Conference at the Mandalay Bay Convention Centre from October 27-30. Registration remains open online with special pricing through September 20 and thereafter online or onsite in Las Vegas.
Executives from a broad spectrum of both U.S.-based and multinational companies will join peers discussing emerging financial concerns and participate in an on-site economic research study at the largest gathering of corporate treasury and finance professionals in the world.
Topics to be discussed range from the impact of rising interest rates to managing banking relationships, to moving into a growth mode of operations, to managing individual careers in finance, to the importance of scenario planning for the future. Topical discussions will be facilitated in a series of professional networking events and in over 140 educational sessions, many supported by corporate case studies.
The conference exhibit hall will feature more than 250 vendors and major financial institutions showcasing products, services and innovative technologies for the finance profession, all under the conference theme “Ideas Multiply.”
“With the highest number of corporates registering compared to previous conferences, we are truly expecting ideas to multiply," said Jim Kaitz, AFP's president and CEO. "Take the best minds in finance, the best educational sessions, speakers like Colin Powell and Nate Silver, and the latest solutions from the top banks and technology companies – it's all adding up to an exciting and record-breaking event in Las Vegas."
Distinguished speakers include:
* General Colin Powell – Former Secretary of State, Former Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
* Sheila C. Bair – Former Chairman, FDIC, Senior Advisor, Pew Charitable Trusts
* Nate Silver - Founder, FiveThirtyEight.com, author of The Signal and The Noise: Why Most Predictions Fail - But Some Don’t, ranked No. 1 on the Fast Company list of Most Creative People 2013, and set to join ESPN later this year
* Mark Zandi – Chief Economist and Co-Founder, Moody’s Economy.com
* Liz Wiseman, President, Wiseman Group, specializing in helping leaders to amplify the capabilities of the people around them
* Stephen Few –Founder and Principal, Perceptual Edge, specializing on the skills needed to communicate quantitative information effectively
* Jon Meacham –Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Thomas Jefferson: The Art of Power and contributing editor to Time Magazine
To register for the 2013 AFP Annual Conference or to learn more, go to afponline.org/AN13 Register by September 20 to save $200!
Journalists who wish to attend under a press pass or access results of the economic research study should contact email@example.com for more information.
Headquartered outside Washington, D.C., the Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) is the professional society that represents finance executives globally. AFP established and administers the Certified Treasury Professional and Certified Corporate FP&A Professional credentials, which set standards of excellence in finance. The quarterly AFP Corporate Cash Indicators serve as a bellwether of economic growth. The AFP Annual Conference is the largest networking event for corporate finance professionals in the world.