AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2013 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Should Treasury Lead ERM? Practitioners Weigh Pros and ConsLast week at the CTC Corporate Treasurers Forum a question
arose: Should treasurers lead the enterprise risk management
function instead of the internal audit group? Not surprisingly, a
spirited debate followed.
- AFP EconWatch - May 20, 2013 AFP EconWatch - May 20, 2013
The first three months of 2013 were not kind to the manufacturing sector and, according to a report released by the Federal Reserve last week, neither was April.
Read the newsletter.
Subscribe to EconWatch and other AFP Newsle
- Treasurers to Benefit as Visa Europe Cuts Cross-Border FeesEuropean treasurers are poised to save a substantial amount of
money on cross-border credit card transactions for their companies
now that Visa Europe has announced it is reducing interbank fees
for these payments.
- May 2013 Payments NewslettersThis month, we bring you all of our exclusive coverage of the recent NACHA Payments conference in San Diego. We hear
from retail corporate treasurers on the complications of implementing EMV in the U.S. Many retailers are unconvinced that such expensive upgrades are truly effective or necessary. Corporate treasurers also weigh in on electronic remittance standards, healthcare payments, fraud and more. Also, AFP and Aite Group release a new Payments Decision Guide on acquirer relationships, a eurozone payments expert discusses why the SEPA Direct Debit could cause some corporates to miss next yearís deadline, and more.
- Members of Congress Urge SEC to Act on Rating Agency ReformThe SEC held a roundtable May 14 to discuss a new system wherein an
independent board would randomly assign initial ratings to nationally
recognized statistical rating organizations (NRSROs). Needless to say, the concept generated many opinions.