AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2013 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- What Does Senate Rule Change Mean for Financial Regulation?Recent
rule changes to the U.S. Senate’s nominee confirmation process could effect the direction of financial regulatory rulemaking as White House appointments need only a simple majority to advance.
- Political Uncertainty Leaves Finance Execs Reluctant to SpendIn three surveys conducted by AFP over the past few months, financial professionals indicated that one of the barriers to greater, more steady economic growth is the reality and perception that leaders in Washington are unable to reach consensus on a number of issues impacting the United States.
- Case Study: Toyota Financial Services Improves its Reporting ProcessTo reduce risk, enhance the quality of its reporting, create more robust analysis for validation purposes and improve internal controls, Toyota Financial Services developed a robust analytical spreadsheet solution and data repository.
- December 2013 FP&A NewsletterTom Russell of Health Care REIT offers advice on forecasting
when your organization is growing rapidly. Next, Redic Thomas at Google and Jim
Boswell at Marco’s Franchising discuss talent management and soft skills in
FP&A. Finally, Gen. Colin Powell lists his 13 leadership rules.
- AFP Fraudwatch: Bitcoin Heists on the RiseThis week, we look at the recent string of cyberattacks on bitcoin payment processors and exchanges, which appear to be the latest hotspot for cybercriminals. Also, Booz Allen reveals its Top Financial Services Cyber Security Trends for 2014.