AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- April 2014 Payments NewsletterThis month, we begin with a look at the results of the 2014 AFP Payments Fraud and Control Survey, sponsored by J.P. Morgan. While corporate fraud decreased overall, card fraud spiked. The good news is that companies are recognizing the threat and adopting additional security measures. Also this month, we bring you our exclusive coverage of the recent NACHA Payments conference in Orlando, Fla.
- Fed Wants Treasury, Finance Pros to Partake in Fraud SurveyFederal Reserve Banks are conducting a survey addressing payments-related fraud, and treasury and finance pros are being asked to participate.
- Can Regulation Save Bitcoin?Can virtual currencies be regulated in a manner that protects consumers, merchants, our payment systems and national security, while at the same time not “killing the golden goose” through overly burdensome or unfeasible regulatory requirements? The answer may be yes, however, such regulation should be imposed with a light hand and reasonable steps must be taken quickly.
- London FP&A Club: Using Tech to Support FP&ALast week, the London FP&A Club held its sixth meeting and examined the thorny issue of specifying a financial planning and analysis system. Presenter Michael Coveney, a consultant with STW Consulting, shared the 10 capabilities users should look for.
- AFP Releases New FP&A Guide on Risk-Adjusted ForecastingAFP’s latest FP&A Guide, sponsored by Wdesk, outlines how risk-adjusted forecasting can work in practical terms. The guide includes interviews with over a dozen practitioners and experts, as well as eight case studies that demonstrate different companies’ approaches to risk in their forecasting process.