AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- From AFP’s President: A Once in a Lifetime OpportunityToday's uncertain environment presents countless challenges for treasury and finance professionals. This year’s AFP conference is a once in a lifetime opportunity to listen and learn from a remarkable group of speakers who will share experiences and insights, addressing the most pressing issues of the times.
- Corporate Finance Week: Fear Wreaks Havoc on the MarketsLast week, fears of deflation, recession, Ebola and sectarian strife took its toll on the markets. Interest rates dropped to recent lows, stock markets fell by triple digits, and oil prices dipped to multi-year lows. But as the week ended, a bit of confidence has reemerged.
- AFP EconWatch: Manufacturing Strengthens in SeptemberManufacturing output grew 0.5 percent in September, despite a second monthly decline in automobile production. Retail sales also fell in September, and the U.S. federal budget deficit contracted in FY2014.
- London FP&A Club: Why Data Visualization MattersData visualization is a powerful tool for FP&A—but practitioners must remember that different corporate audiences have different preferences.
- Treasury Careers: Are Women Getting a Fair Deal?Can women offer the treasury role specific skills and capabilities that their male colleagues lack? This was a key point of discussion during an informal discussion at EuroFinance 2014 in Budapest.