AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Waiting Game: Supreme Court Delays Interchange Fee DecisionThe United States Supreme Court has delayed until Jan. 12
whether to hear a case seeking to overturn a key provision of the Dodd-Frank
- AFP Guide: How to Conduct a Successful Banking RFPConducting a request for proposal (RFP) for banking services is one of the most time-consuming tasks treasury teams face. In a new Treasury in Practice guide, underwritten by KeyBank, AFP provides treasurers with best practices for conducting a successful banking RFP.
- AFP EconWatch: Increasingly Confident Consumers Boost RetailIncreasingly confident consumers and the rapid drop in gasoline prices led to strong retail sales during November. The Census Bureau estimates retail sales grew 0.7 percent during the month to a seasonally adjusted $449.3 billion.
- How Could Fed Surcharges Affect Treasurers?The Federal Reserve has proposed a rule that would impose surcharges on systemically important financial institutions. If implemented, it could have serious implications for corporate treasurers’ bank relationships. Here are three things treasurers can do to prepare.
- How Will Treasurers Respond to NACHA Same-Day ACH?NACHA has formally introduced its same-day ACH system and issued a request for comment. Treasurers have been relatively quiet on the subject up until this point, but perhaps now that more information has come to light, we’ll find out whether they see substantial benefits in NACHA’s offering.