AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2015 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Finding Talent: A Top Priority—and Challenge—for FinanceAmong the many challenges financial planning and analysis (FP&A) professionals face, talent acquisition and retention is likely the sharpest of double-edged swords.
- AFP Payments: NACHA Members Approve Same Day ACHThis month saw NACHA’s voting membership approve Same Day ACH. Corporate treasurers have shown overwhelming support for the initiative, viewing it as a positive step toward modernizing payments in the United States. Nevertheless, it brings with it some risks.
- Practical Advice from Treasurers on Mitigating FraudCorporate treasurers have a wide variety of services at their disposal to cut down on payments fraud. But if they don’t use them, they could be on the hook.
- AFP In-Depth: Using Social Media in a Job SearchIn the latest video from AFP's In-Depth series, Anna Akbari, a sociologist and entrepreneur, discusses the best ways to use social media to help land a new job. A prominent thought leader, she is frequently called on as an expert.
- What Are the Five Tasks Every FP&A Group Must Accomplish?Speaking at the AFP FP&A Leadership Summit, underwritten by Tidemark, Gerhard Lohmann, CFO, reinsurance for Swiss Re, provided attendees with the five steps to managing the value of the company.