AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Foreign Exchange: The New Rate Rigging ScandalThe largest global financial market is at the center of a mounting international investigation into alleged currency benchmark rigging. Investigations opened by over a dozen regulators in United States, Asia and the United Kingdom, have implicated trading desks of some of the largest banks who reportedly position their own trades to profit from client orders and distort foreign exchange rates.
- Canada Reaches Free Trade Deal with South KoreaCanada has reached a free-trade deal with South Korea, which is expected to provide exporters with a better chance to compete with the U.S., Europe and other nations. South Korea is phasing out virtually all tariffs on Canadian imports, which could add C$1.7 billion to Canada’s economy over the next 15 years.
- Analytics: A Competitive Advantage for CorporatesOnce considered a “nice-to-have,” applying analytics is now mission-critical for organizations, due to increasingly thinner margins for decision error. Yet analytics often are confused with business intelligence.
- Villanova, Rice Universities Offer FP&A Certification Prep CoursesVillanova University and Rice University are partnering with AFP to offer FP&A professionals an opportunity to prepare for the Certified Corporate FP&A Professional™ in a new, interactive facilitator-led courses. Villanova’s course begins this month, while Rice’s begins in May.
- AFP Fraudwatch: ATMs Soon to Be Highly Vulnerable to CyberattackThis week, the PCI Security Standards Council issues a warning to banks that after April 8, 95 percent of the world’s ATMs will be susceptible to cyberattacks. Also, Target's chief information officer resigns after the retailer's massive security breach, and thousands of Sally Beauty customers appear to have been compromised.