AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Tips for Validating the Accuracy of Vendors’ W-9sRecently on AFP’s discussion list corporate treasury and finance professionals discussed validating the accuracy of vendors’ W-9 forms.
- CFO Tenure and Turnover: Not So Far Apart?A number of recent articles have indicated an uptick in both turnover and tenure at the chief financial officer level. At first glance, this might support the theory that with today’s technology and enough research, you can find something to support any belief you hold. However, in this particular case, there might be some truth to these seemingly conflicting trends—because maybe they aren’t so different after all.
- August 2014 Payments: Megahack or Megahype?This month, we lead off with an analysis of the recent Hold Security report, which sent the media into frenzy over its claims that Russian hackers stole more than a billion usernames and passwords. We speak with several security experts who are very skeptical about the accuracy of this report. Also this month, Christopher Cheniae of U.S. Foods explains how his company implemented a mobile solution to eliminate its check-related challenges, POS malware continues to wreak havoc on the retail industry, and more.
- CTC Executive Institute Preview: Vivian James Rigney, Career CoachAttendees of the CTC Executive Institute at the 2014 AFP Annual Conference in November will have the opportunity to hear from one of today’s leading career motivators—Vivian James Rigney, career and leadership coach. Originally from Ireland and based in New York City, Rigney works primarily with clients in treasury and finance.
- VIDEO: The Value of the FP&A CertificationJuan Arangote, FP&A, CPA, CMA, Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority, discusses preparing for the Certified Corporate FP&A Professional exam, as well as why earning the certification is a smart career move for FP&A professionals.