AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Futures in Finance: Improving Treasury-CFO CommunicationThis month, Futures in Finance brings you our 2014 AFP Annual Conference roundup, including coverage of a CTC Executive Institute session on improving communication between the treasury and the CFO, and the FP&A Roundtable.
- Financial Modeling: 2 Important QuestionsJuan Arangote, FP&A, CPA, CMA, manager of treasury and financial planning for the Greater Toronto Airports Authority, answers two important questions that came up following his session of financial modeling and the 2014 AFP Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.
- AFP Payments: Cybersecurity, Payments Insights from AFP 2014This month, AFP Payments bring you its exclusive coverage of payments at the 2014 AFP Annual Conference in Washington, D.C., including the 2014 AFP Pinnacle Award Grand Prize Winner, the results of an onsite survey on cybersecurity, sessions on bitcoin and mobile payments, and more.
- FP&A in Southeast Asia: The Right Tools, Talent NeededBrian Kalish, director of AFP's FP&A practice, recently traveled to Southeast Asia, where practitioners stressed the need for better tools and talent in FP&A. Kalish also shared the advances AFP has made on the Corporate FP&A Professional Certification.
- CFO Coach: The Power of the Third PartyWho makes a good reference? References are influencers, so it is critically important that you choose them wisely, understand their power, and ensure they are on-point in messaging your value.