AFP of Canada Seeks Board of Directors Candidates
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2012-04-18
AFP of Canada practitioner members who are interested in serving on the association's board of directors should submit their application to AFP of Canada before July 18, 2012. Directors serve two-year terms, and work on developing the policies that articulate, support and sustain the association's vision.
Submissions should include: a résumé which includes a brief overview of current responsibilities; a letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor, as well as information on the candidate's employer, such as an annual report. Also include any volunteer or professional involvement in national or regional organizations.
Mail applications to: AFP of Canada Nominating Committee; 4520 East West Highway, Suite 750; Bethesda, MD 20814. If you have questions, please call AFP’s Executive Office at 301-961-8631.
Copyright © 2015 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Futures in Finance: It’s Time to Embrace ‘Little Bets’This month, Jim Kaitz, president and CEO of AFP, and Peter Sims, co-founder and managing director at The Silicon Guild, explain why finance professionals need to make "little bets." The most successful people today understand that there is no such thing is a sure bet; making mistakes is part of the development process.
- In the War On Checks, Uncle Sam Volunteers for BattleThe U.S. Department of the Treasury is piloting mobile payments for non-recurring payments in an effort to reduce check usage. It is using PayPal but is considering other forms, including Apple Pay.
- Three Ways Financial Pros Can Improve their LinkedIn ProfileFor treasury and finance professionals either seeking a job or simply looking to network with their peers in today’s rapidly changing environment, a strong presence on LinkedIn is an absolute must. Jason Dorsey, chief strategy officer for the Center for Generational Kinetics and best-selling author, lists the essentials to making LinkedIn work.
- 7 Cybersecurity Actions Every Finance Pro Should TakeTreasury and finance professionals understand that cybersecurity is no longer just the concern of the IT staff. No one knows that better than Roland Cloutier, vice president, chief security officer of ADP Inc., who provided a number of key points to help them protect their organizations against cyberrisk.
- CIEBA's Carol Sung Featured in Pension & Investment ArticleThe recent Pension & Investment article “DC plans playing catch-up on education for roll-ins” highlighted CIEBA Member Carol Sung
from International Paper. The article covered the significant strides
International Paper took to promote 401(k) roll-ins and participant satisfaction.