AFP EconWatch - March 3, 2014
- By Staff Writers
- Published: 2014-03-03
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Corporate Finance Week: The Search for YieldThis week can pretty much be summed up as a “risk-on” week. Be it equities or high-yield debt, the general feeling of the market was one of searching for yield.
- AFP EconWatch: U.S. Housing Market Regains Some GroundThis summer, the housing market regained some of the momentum it had lost late last year. The National Association of Realtors reported last week sales of previously owned homes grew 2.4 percent during July to a seasonally adjusted annualized rate of 5.15 million units, their fastest sales pace since last September.
- This Week in Corporate Finance: Flight to Quality ContinuesWelcome to August, usually an uneventful time of the year, but in our current “Black Swan Times”, anything and everything can happen. While we are dealing with unrest in Gaza and Ukraine, bond defaults in Argentina, and challenging times in places like Missouri, the market continues to behave in an orderly manner.
- AFP EconWatch - August 18, 2014Manufacturing activity heated up during July, boosted by a sharp gain in automobile output. The Federal Reserve estimates manufacturing output grew 1.0 percent, its largest single-month percentage gain since February and a 4.9 percent increase from a year earlier.
- AFP EconWatch - August 11, 2014A slight slowdown in import activity during June led to the smallest U.S. trade deficit since January. The resulting trade balance of -$41.5 billion was $3.2 billion smaller than that of May but was still 13.6 percent larger than the deficit of a year earlier.