AFP EconWatch - August 19, 2013
- By Staff Writer
- Published: 2013-08-19
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- AFP Reg Report: New Rules for EU, U.S. BanksRecent regulatory developments relevant to treasury and finance professionals are reviewed in the AFP Reg Report. In this issue: The EU ‘banking union’ package, Basel III, cybersecurity legislation, business tax provisions, and more.
- April 2014 Futures in Finance NewsletterThis month's edition of Futures in Finance provides a preview of AFP Exchange's upcoming focus on leadership. We begin with an interview with Cris Barros, treasurer of Mosaic. Barros looks back on his career, and explains the skills that he considers to be critical for leading. Up next, executive recruiting firm Spencer Stuart discusses four leadership traits that employers can look for when hiring new treasury candidates.
- How Companies Can Find Tomorrow’s Leaders TodayIdentifying and retaining an organization’s future leaders is key to a company’s success and cannot be left to guesswork or a manager’s personal inclination; it takes planning. But not all leaders are found outside the organization—some can and must be developed. By applying a methodical approach to leadership development, an organization can ensure its success for generations to come.
- Why FP&A Groups Must Measure Their Own ROIFP&A teams rarely turn the table and evaluate themselves, but you should consider it a new challenge. Knowing your worth—the quantifiable impact your FP&A team has on the company—could unlock new opportunities.
- Analytics and Business Intelligence: One in the Same?Applying analytics is now mission-critical due to increasingly thinner margins for decision error. Yet analytics often is confused with business intelligence, or BI.