AFP EconWatch - August 19, 2013
- By Staff Writer
- Published: 2013-08-19
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Can Regulation Save Bitcoin?Can virtual currencies be regulated in a manner that protects consumers, merchants, our payment systems and national security, while at the same time not “killing the golden goose” through overly burdensome or unfeasible regulatory requirements? The answer may be yes, however, such regulation should be imposed with a light hand and reasonable steps must be taken quickly.
- London FP&A Club: Using Tech to Support FP&ALast week, the London FP&A Club held its sixth meeting and examined the thorny issue of specifying a financial planning and analysis system. Presenter Michael Coveney, a consultant with STW Consulting, shared the 10 capabilities users should look for.
- AFP Releases New FP&A Guide on Risk-Adjusted ForecastingAFP’s latest FP&A Guide, sponsored by Wdesk, outlines how risk-adjusted forecasting can work in practical terms. The guide includes interviews with over a dozen practitioners and experts, as well as eight case studies that demonstrate different companies’ approaches to risk in their forecasting process.
- How Businesses Can Hedge Cross-Border Balance Sheet ExposuresThis article addresses one particular category of currency risk: the risk associated with carrying financial assets or liabilities denominated in a currency other than the functional currency. Such assets and liabilities are reported on the balance sheet in the functional currency at values that reflect spot exchange rates at the end of each accounting period.
- Why Treasurers Must Embrace – and Finance – SustainabilitySustainability is no longer about corporate citizenship or philanthropy. It’s absolutely critical to the life of companies—and sustainability starts with treasurers. That’s the message Andrew Winston will deliver at the CTC Corporate Treasurers Forum. Winston, author of the “The Big Pivot,” will explain why it makes financial sense for companies to embark on sustainability projects right now.