AFP Comments to the SEC on Convergence
<A href="http://www.afponline.org/pub/gr/pdf/AFP_Comment_-_Convergence_SEC_File_No_4-608l.pdf">AFP Comments to the SEC</A>
Copyright © 2014 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Study: Closing Process Determines CFO EfficiencyOne of the most effective ways of measuring a CFO’s effectiveness is the length of time it takes to close the books, according to a new study by Ventana Research. Organizations that close their monthly, quarterly or semiannual accounts within six days of the end of the period tend to display a higher level of efficiency than those who take longer.
- Report: CFOs and Other Execs Not HiringTreasury and finance professionals should settle in to their current positions for a while, if the Robert Half Professional Employment Report for Q3 2012 is any indication.
- Could a Stock Exchange Merger Accelerate the Adoption of IFRS?The recent announcement of a merger between Deutsche Boerse
AG and the New York Stock Exchange leads many to believe that an
acceleration of the conversion from the Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles in the United States to the International Financial
Reporting Standards for public companies may occur.
- A Tale of Two Standards: FASB vs. IASBFASB and IASB have been trading proposals about accounting for derivatives and hedging activities. AFP's director of financial accounting and reporting analyzes their ideas.
- Letter from the President: Excess Cash Has Become a CEO IssueWhen we were compiling results of our survey, we knew that the information would add to the global economic debate