Futures in Finance - A monthly career e-newsletter, delivers timely tips for job seekers
building a career in finance and treasury. Each issue includes hot job
postings and articles on finance job searches, interviewing techniques,
and CFO strategies, among other topics. Subscribe now.
AFP Global Career Center
The AFP Global Career Center makes researching job opportunities or locating talent in the financial field easy and efficient. Employers have access to nearly 2,000 qualified corporate treasury and finance professionals from around the world. Job seekers have access to more than 1,000 employers and career tools for effectively marketing themselves to potential employers.
Search the most targeted treasury and finance jobs worldwide. Post your resume and apply online.
Maximize your reach in finance by posting your job or internship. Browse over 2,000 finance resumes.
- Career Coaching We're proud to introduce our team of highly experienced coaches! Coming from a variety of professional backgrounds, all have graduated from an accredited Coach training program, are members of the International Coach Federation (ICF), and are certified in behavioral style analysis and interpretation.
- Profile Development According to Computer World more than 45 % of employers use social networking during the hiring process. Make sure that you have put your best foot forward and let the professionals work for you. Our online profile development will provide the package that is right for you.
- Career Fitness CareerFitness.com brings The Career Fitness System online. Now, you can take advantage of this powerful capability right from your own desktop. Think of it as your "careerspace" for the 21st Century. Whether you're a mid-career professional, an executive or manager, a soon-to-be or recent college graduate or someone who's reentering the workforce after an extended absence, this program can build your capacity at work and put vitality in your career.
- AFP's 2012 Annual Compensation Survey Report This detailed report provides a comprehensive picture of the compensation levels of 25 finance and accounting positions. Includes organizational charts and job descriptions. Full report available only to AFP members.
- Career Trust Service Career Trust brings AFP membership resources to professionals who are between positions.
- Resume Services Receive a detailed resume critique or a professionally written resume. Specialty services include cover letters, follow up letters, references and salary history.
- Corporate Cash Flowing to Business Investments: AFP SurveyThe 2013 AFP Liquidity Survey, underwritten by RBS Citizens, found that treasurers and CFOs were more likely to have expanded corporate cash and short-term investment holdings over the past year than to have contracted them. Companies that increased cash holdings did so primarily as a result of higher operating cash flows and companies that reduced cash were making clear investments for the future.
- AFP Fraudwatch: Common Internal Fraud Threats for CorporatesDuring the closing keynote address at last week’s AFP of Canada Treasury Management forum, fraud expert Chris Mathers discussed some of the top fraud threats to businesses. One area where many organizations can do a better job, Mathers said, is with recognizing and eliminating internal fraud.
- Canadian Corporates: Improve Productivity with InnovationKeynote speaker Amanda Lang of CBC News began last week’s AFP of Canada Treasury Management Forum by addressing a crisis Canada is facing that predates the 2008 credit crisis. And if Canadian businesses continue to ignore it, she warned, the nation runs the risk of falling behind.
- Case Study: Natural Hedging for Risk ManagementWhile the traditional hedging process is adequate, forecast deviations combined with currency swings on growing exposures add volatility to the company’s P&L. Treasurers will ask: “How can we reduce the balance-sheet risk before even considering entering into FX contracts?” The answer: employ a “natural hedge” strategy using the tools and personnel already available.
- Rep. Lynn Jenkins Brings Treasury Background to CongressWith corporate tax reform heating up in Congress, it’s helpful that treasury and finance professionals have a former colleague on the inside. Rep. Lynn Jenkins is arguably the most prominent treasurer-turned-Congressman.