Cash & Liquidity Management
For a copy of any of the sessions listed please contact Chris Banas, Educational Programs Administrator at 301.961.8816.
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Cash Flow Forecasting: Overcoming Challenges, Past and
- The critical nature of cash forecasting has been magnified
significantly by the financial crisis. The session will include a
discussion of the obstacles inherent in creating a consolidated
forecast; how to overcome them; and how to define metrics of
forecasting success for your organization. The current state of
cash forecasting including technology and techniques will be also
- Philip Mattes, CTP, Senior
Treasury Manager, CareerBuilder, LLC
- Timothy T. Hesler, CTP, Head, Treasury and
Risk Advisory Practice, KPMG, LLP
- Joachim H. Wettermark, Corporate Treasurer,
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Managing Liquidity Risk in a Global Environment:
- As a result of accelerating business growth, Google experienced
a substantial build up of cash balances in Europe. The investment
process associated with those balances proved to be
labor-intensive. A solution was created that reduced Google's
investment and liquidity risk, simplified the investment process,
enhanced returns and provided Google with the flexibility needed to
easily meet new investment mandates set by its Board.
- Ronni Horrillo, Assistant Treasurer,
- James Fitzgerald, Vice President,
Would you like to view the presentation recording and
earn 1.8 CTP/CCM recertification credits? Please
click here to purchase the recording file.
1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Key Learnings in Liquidity Management during a
Financial and Economic Crisis
- How have corporate treasurers managed to maintain liquidity by
preserving and protecting balances, and sustaining cash flow in the
face of persistently tight credit markets? A panel of
senior financial professionals will address this question by
discussing: the changing role of the treasurer, adjustments made to
mitigate risk, efficiencies to increase working capital, and
negotiations in the new world of financing.
- Elizabeth P. Minick, CTP, Global Industry
Lead, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Brent Bounds, Assistant Treasurer,
- Joachim H. Wettermark, Corporate Treasurer,
- Roger Biscay, Vice President and
Treasurer, Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Jennifer Y. Cho, Treasurer, Gap,
- Kevin C. Leader, Principal Vice President and
Treasurer, Bechtel Group, Inc.
Efficient Working Capital Management with Supply Chain
Finance: A Road Map for Successful SCF Implementation
- Today, companies are focused on effectively managing their cash
flows and costs. Supply Chain Finance is emerging as an important
financing tool to help organizations optimize their own working
capital and provide suppliers with an off-balance sheet source of
capital. Learn how Siemens Financial Services offers supply chain
financing to its affiliates and thousands of suppliers across the
- Keith P. Gilroy, Executive Vice President,
Business Development, Orbian Corporation
- Douglas J. Schoch, Vice President, Working
Capital Management, Siemens Capital Company
4:00 p.m. - 5:00
Optimizing Global Treasury during Turbulent
- This session explores the application of leading edge best
practices in global cash management, foreign exchange and working
capital. Discover how to enhance the strategic value of treasury by
improving controls and mitigating risk, and learn why superior
blocking and tackling in the arenas of accounts receivable,
accounts payable, and payroll are the keys to success in any global
- Irene R. Atkins, Head of Global Cash
- David L. O'Brien, CTP, Consultant in Treasury,
EE Treasury, Inc.
The Future of Online Bank Systems: To Be or Not to
- What does the future hold for bank-provided online cash
management systems? There is a future, but the game has
changed profoundly. Technology evolution is enabling
capabilities previously only dreamt of including, modular portals,
online analytic processing, mobile technologies, increased digital
security, and Web 2.0 capabilities. This session explores the
next generation solutions and how they will increase efficiencies
and heighten global visibility for corporate treasurers.
- Debra A. Kaya, Treasury Manager, Cisco
- Gary E. Greenwald, Managing Director and Chief
Innovation Officer, Global Transaction Services, Citi
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Practical Applications of Supply Chain Financing
- In the aftermath of the financial crisis, traditional sources
of working capital finance have become scarce and expensive,
causing businesses to seek alternatives in order to keep the cogs
of the supply chain moving. Hear how supply chain finance solutions
are being used to fill the gap and revolutionize the way companies
manage their working capital by leveraging their B2B transaction
- C.J. Wimley, Group Vice President,
Global Order-to-Cash Solutions, SunGard
- Jared A. Poff, Vice President and Treasurer,
Big Lots Stores, Inc.
- Nancy H. Atkinson CCM, Senior Analyst,
Aite Group, LLC
- Nicole T. Bjugger, Director, Supplier
Financial Solutions, Volvo Corporation
Got Liquidity? Trade Receivable Finance Could Be the
- Challenging credit conditions often leave companies confused
about how to secure cost-effective sources of liquidity. Trade
receivable finance is a proven source of competitively priced
liquidity. This session will cover important factors to consider in
the arena of trade receivables finance including: obtaining
off-balance sheet accounting treatment, servicing requirements,
conditionality, maintaining control over client relationships, and
- Walter F. Boileau, Jr., CTP, ARM, Vice
President and Corporate Treasurer, SANMINA-SCI
- Stephen S. Atallah, Managing Director, Head of
Structured Trade and Export Finance, Global Transaction Banking,
Automating Deposits - Optimizing Bank Solutions and
- Today, it is critical for businesses to enhance the visibility
of daily working capital. For organizations that operate a sizeable
and complex cash collection system, consolidating cash management
operations is crucial. Learn how USPS centralized a significant
portion of its nationwide account structure via extensive cash
vault services to realize benefits including meaningful
improvements in cash forecasting and deposit availability.
- David C. Kosturko, CTP, Bank Relations
Specialist, U.S. Postal Service
- Paul A. Jarrett, Vice President and Senior
Product Manager, Vault Services, J.P. Morgan
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Automating Payables to Optimize Working Capital: A
Verizon Case Study
- The pressure to optimize working capital is constantly
increasing and treasurers are faced with the challenge of improving
operational efficiencies. Learn how Verizon was able to negotiate
early payment discount opportunities from suppliers. Discover how
payables automation initiatives can provide a more accurate
forecast of payables liabilities and increase annual cash
- Joe Selewicz, CPA, Vice President,
Finance Operations, Verizon
- David P. Peraino, Managing Director, Global
Product Executive, Order-to-Pay, J.P. Morgan
Serving Up A Remote Cash Capture Solution: How Buffets
Is Improving Cash Flow and Unlocking Working Capital
- In today's challenging retail environment, treasury
professionals are constantly looking to increase cash management
efficiencies. Remote cash processing solutions offer a
powerful tool for streamlining cash handling and improving funds
availability. In this session, we will discuss Buffets, Inc.'s best
practices in implementing a remote cash capture solution to replace
the restaurant chain's decentralized, labor-intensive process.
- Paul Holovnia, Vice President, Finance,
- Wendy R. Fisher, CTP, Vice President,
Fifth Third Bank
3:15 p.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Strategies for Managing Your Portfolio through This
- This session will focus on effectively managing corporate
liquidity portfolios through the world of short term investments.
Learn multiple treasury management strategies and approaches to
minimize losses and protect principal through the ongoing financial
crisis. It is pertinent to review or select new investment
strategies because the strengths and weaknesses of asset managers'
investment expertise are now being blatantly exposed.
- Linda Ruiz-Zaiko, President
and Founder, Bridgebay Financial, Inc.
- Janice P. Phan, CCM, Assistant Treasurer,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Kurt H. Zumwalt, Assistant Treasurer,
Unlocking Working Capital: Moving from Reactive to
- Effective management of working capital affords the opportunity
to dramatically increase corporate performance and improve
shareholder value. Learn how proactive management can mitigate
revenue leakage, improve days sales outstanding, and facilitate
better cross-departmental collaboration. Discover specific and
actionable best practices around the quote-to-cash cycle, dispute
prevention, and methods to perform more accurate and predictable
- Kim Motika, Vice President, Sales and
- Robert Sherman, President, Vengroff,
Williams & Associates, Inc.
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Centrally Managing Global Investments
- Dynamic economic conditions and persistent tightness in credit
markets have focused attention on optimal liquidity management.
Several leading Treasury departments have successfully moved to a
centralized investment process, managing short-term investments
across multiple countries and currencies. This session will explore
how one corporation was able to implement such a solution, and will
examine the challenges addressed and the benefits achieved.
- Angela M. Sundberg, Manager, Global
Treasury Operations, InfoPrint Solutions Company LLC
- Michael N. Berkowitz, Director, North America
Liquidity and Investments, Citi
9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.
Credit Analysis for Cash Investments
- The focus of this session will be an in depth review of best
practices used to evaluate the creditworthiness of short duration
investments. Explore the rationale for one company to create
a team specifically dedicated to this endeavor. Discover how
a global leader in online payment solutions successfully employs
specific techniques in managing their own investment
- Omar J. Paz, CTP, CFA, Assistant Treasurer,
- Steven R. Meier, CFA, FRM, Executive Vice
President and Chief Investment Officer, State Street Global
Cash Flow Forecasting: The Realities of an
- Cash flow forecasting can be challenging at best and impossible
and meaningless at worst. In this session, discover how one
of the world's leading specialty chemical companies implemented a
successful cash flow forecasting process to improve working capital
management, and learn how to identify and mitigate common sources
of cash flow forecasting errors.
- Scott A. Craycraft, former Assistant
Treasurer, Hexion Specialty Chemicals, Inc.
- Debra A. Crow, CTP, Principal, Ernst &