Copyright © 2013 Association for Financial Professionals, Inc.
All rights reserved.
- Treasurers to Benefit as Visa Europe Cuts Cross-Border FeesEuropean treasurers are poised to save a substantial amount of
money on cross-border credit card transactions for their companies
now that Visa Europe has announced it is reducing interbank fees
for these payments.
- AFP, Aite Release Guide on Managing Acquirer RelationshipsAFP and Aite Group released a new Payments Decision Guide at NACHA PAYMENTS 2013 Monday, presenting retail treasurers with strategies for managing payment acceptance costs and negotiating with merchant acquirers. The guide also provides details on the impact of industry mandates and legislative and court challenges to interchange fees and pricing.
- Payments Outlook: 2013 and BeyondAs we attempt to gauge where the payments industry is headed in 2013, it is important to look back at recent developments. While the major trends have not changed much, the substance of the underlying issues has evolved considerably.
- New Payments Providers Affect Merchant/Bank RelationshipsThe so-called mobile payments revolution is even showing signs of being a transformative event that could allow at least some merchants to dramatically reduce their relationship with financial institutions. With new players like PayPal and Square forging direct partnerships with retailers, merchant/bank relationships might be in for a serious change.
- Mobile Moves: Square’s Effects on Banks, InterchangeThis week, we look at the effects that new entrants like Square could have on the overall payments arena. How will these new players impact banks and interchange?