AFP offers the opportunity to receive a detailed resume critique or a professionally written resume to compete effectively in today's challenging market. AFP also offers services related to the development of documents pertinent to your individual search campaign including cover letters, follow up letters, references and a salary history document.
List of Financial Resume Services
Resume Critiquing Service
An effective resume will position you for your next career move by highlighting the most significant achievements and responsibilities of your financial career. AFP offers suggestions in all three key areas: content, layout, and design.
Please allow up to five business days for completion of a standard resume or cover letter critique.
Next Day Critique
Resume must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. ET and will be completed within 24 hours of submission, excluding weekends and holidays.
Resume Writing Service
AFP's Certified Professional Resume Writer partners with members to build an effective resume tailored to a specific job search. AFP members will be asked to complete a comprehensive financial career questionnaire regarding current and previous professional experience, responsibilities and accomplishments, education, certifications, affiliations and related information.
Resumes are created in Microsoft Word for PCs. AFP members receive resume draft(s) via e-mail to review and ensure content accuracy. Upon completion of the final draft, AFP will provide members with an electronic (ASCII text) version of their resume.
Please allow up to 7 business days from completion of questionnaire for receipt of resume draft
Additional Specialty Services
Overall presentation is essential for financial professionals and executives seeking new employment opportunities. Enhance your marketability with the right tools for your job search campaign. AFP offers professionally written cover letters, follow up letters, references and salary history, complementing your resume and cover letter.
1. Follow-up letters: Follow up every job search activity (interviews, meetings, etc.) with a tailored letter. Intended to serve as a reminder and reiterate your key qualifications, this letter says more than just "thank you," and can make a difference in how potential employer's view your candidacy.
2. References Document: Potential employers require professional references. Your one-page reference document should be more than a list of names. AFP will include specific accomplishments from previous employers along with your reference names, relationships and contact information. Offer your references confidently with a professionally written reference document.
3. Salary History Document: AFP´s professionally written salary history couples your compensation with accomplishments, validating your professional worth to potential employers.
4. Cover Letters: The cover letter is the first opportunity to make an impression on the employer. AFP's Resume Writer will develop a cover letter, which will help you stand apart from the crowd.
5. Career Documents Package: Members receive a discount when you purchase all career documents - follow-up letter, references document, and salary history document, along with a professionally written cover letter
Financial Resume Services Pricing
|Bronze (0 - 1 year experience)||$200||$300|
|Silver (2 - 3 years experience)||$300||$400|
|Gold (4 - 9 years experience)||$350||$450|
|Platinum (10 + years experience)||$450||$550|
|1. Thank You Letter||$50||$100|
|3. Salary History||$15||$65|
|4. Cover Letter||$50||$100|
|Career Documents Package|
- Discretionary revisions following approval of the final (third) draft are subject to additional charges.
- Members are responsible for priority or overnight shipping and handling costs.
- All fees are payable in U.S. dollars by credit card only and are due at time of resume submission. Payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Please complete the order form and email it along with your resume as attachments to CareerCenter@afponline.org. AFP's Certified Professional Resume Writer will contact you within 24 hours of receiving your resume.
AFP's Certified Professional Resume Writer
AFP's Certified Professional Resume Writer works with members to either critique a resume or build an effective document tailored to a specific job search.
Louise GarverCertified Professional Resume Writer & Career Coach
Louise Garver offers more than 20 years of experience as a professional resume writer, career counselor, and executive career coach. Active in several professional associations, she serves on the Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches Certification Committee (PARWCC) for resume writers, is featured as an online career expert, authors career- and resume-related articles, and is featured in more than 30 resume and cover letter publications internationally.
Ms. Garver's educational credentials include a master's degree in psychology and a postgraduate certificate in career counseling, along with 8 different professional certifications in resume writing, career transition coaching, career management, personal branding, interview and salary coaching, and more. She is also a multiple award winner in the PARWCC Executive Resume Writing Competition.