Government Relations Comment Letters
- Treasurers to Benefit as Visa Europe Cuts Cross-Border FeesEuropean treasurers are poised to save a substantial amount of
money on cross-border credit card transactions for their companies
now that Visa Europe has announced it is reducing interbank fees
for these payments.
- May 2013 Payments NewslettersThis month, we bring you all of our exclusive coverage of the recent NACHA Payments conference in San Diego. We hear
from retail corporate treasurers on the complications of implementing EMV in the U.S. Many retailers are unconvinced that such expensive upgrades are truly effective or necessary. Corporate treasurers also weigh in on electronic remittance standards, healthcare payments, fraud and more. Also, AFP and Aite Group release a new Payments Decision Guide on acquirer relationships, a eurozone payments expert discusses why the SEPA Direct Debit could cause some corporates to miss next yearís deadline, and more.
- Members of Congress Urge SEC to Act on Rating Agency ReformThe SEC held a roundtable May 14 to discuss a new system wherein an
independent board would randomly assign initial ratings to nationally
recognized statistical rating organizations (NRSROs). Needless to say, the concept generated many opinions.
- Study: Top Hurdles Keeping Treasury from Adopting E-PaymentsAdopting electronic payments is
essential for corporates, but one study uncovered substantial obstacles that treasurers must surmount to ensure a successful
- AFP Fraudwatch: Essential Controls for Treasury, FinanceWith payments fraud running rampant, a recent AFP webinar held by a treasury executive provided especially timely advice. Effective internal controls include exception processing, activity specific accounts and more.