Government Relations Comment Letters
- VIDEO: Being Part of the FP&A Inaugural ClassEric Smialek, FP&A, Senior Financial Analyst for Neustar, discusses his experience becoming part of the first class of Certified Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) professionals.
- Fed Mulls Controversial Commodity ProposalMulling a proposal that would limit banks’ participation in the physical commodities market, the Federal Reserve is attempting a delicate balance—companies seeking to hedge commodity risk and concerns about systemic risk.
- Ukraine Turmoil Wreaks Havoc on Treasury and Finance GroupsTreasury and finance executives whose companies do business in Russia and the Ukraine are seeing the effects of the mounting crisis on their bottom lines. The ruble’s exchange rate has plummeted, corporate borrowing is more expensive, and sanctions against individual banks are complicating cross-border payments.
- AFP Fraudwatch: StubHub Turns the Table on CybercriminalsSix individuals were arrested last week in connection with an international cybercrime ring that hacked more than 1,600 customer accounts. What’s different in this case is that the company detected the cybercriminals first instead of receiving the news of the hack, as usually happens, and then it alerted law enforcement.
- Best Practices: Selecting Cyber Insurance CoverageLisa Joublanc, CCM, CFA, Vice President and Treasurer for Global Payments, and Mary Guzman, Senior Vice President and E&O Practice Leader, McGriff, Seibels & Williams, discuss what treasurers need to consider when selecting cyber insurance coverage. They also provide a look at the 2012 cyber breach incurred by Global Payments.