Government Relations Comment Letters
- Leadership in Treasury: How to Set the Gold StandardFrank Crema, vice president and treasurer for Vancouver, British Columbia-based Goldcorp Inc., has worked in every aspect of treasury throughout his career. He identified three critical factors that make a good leader.
- Treasury Best Practices: Creating a Detailed M&A PlanIntegrating an acquisition or merger presents a complex challenge for the treasury organization. It is therefore imperative that treasury has a clear plan as to how it wants to integrate a new company, as well as a solid understanding of the complexities that may arise during integration.
- Self-Regulation: The Key to Improving PerformanceTraditional performance management struggles mightily in today’s business environment, where treasury and finance executives are exposed to increasing doses of volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity. It raises the question of whether performance really can, or should be, managed at all.
- 4 Tips to Keep Retailers from Being Hacked for the HolidaysA year ago, hackers infiltrated the point-of-sale systems at Target, resulting in the theft of more than 40 million credit and debit card numbers. As the holiday shopping season begins, here are four key strategies retail treasurers can employ to avoid becoming fraudsters' next "Target."
- AFP EconWatch: Deflation is Not a Concern...YetTwo reports from the Bureau of Labor Statistics show the impact of plummeting gasoline prices on overall inflation. Deflation is currently not a pressing concern for the Federal Reserve, but it will nevertheless continue to watch prices closely.