Government Relations Comment Letters
- CIEBA Comments Highlighted in Recent P&I ArticlePension & Investments published an article outlining the proposed rule change to expand fiduciary standard to anyone who offers retirement advice. President Obama voiced his support for updated regulation on February 23rd calling for an end to “conflicts of interest” and “hidden fees” in investment advice.The article approached multiple stakeholders about the proposed rule change, including CIEBA’s Executive Director Deborah Forbes and member Robert Hunkeler.
- FP&A Interview: Swiss Re’s Andreas SchertzingerNeed more proof that these are challenging times for FP&A professionals? On the day that AFP spoke with Zurich-based Andreas Schertzinger, Head Reinsurance FP&A, Managing Director, Swiss Re, the Swiss central bank abandoned its currency cap, and the resulting Francogeddon saw the CHF rise more than against the euro and dollar in one day.
- The Two Sneaky Costs Apple Pay is Hiding from MerchantsApple Pay has been the hottest topic in payments for months, but there are hidden costs that retail treasurers must weigh before jumping on the bandwagon.
- GAO Report Calls for Better Information for Participants Offered Lump SumsThe Government Accountability Office (GAO) released the report “Private Pensions: Participants Need better Information When Offered Lump Sums That Replace Their Lifetime Benefits” on Friday, February 27th. The report offered recommendations based on the review of informational materials from 11 unnamed plan sponsors who offered lump sum windows in 2012.
- CIEBA Commends Administration Attempts to Enhance Retirement SecurityCIEBA comments on the Administration’s Proposal to Strengthen Middle Class Retirement Security on February 23, 2015. Deborah Forbes, CIEBA’s Executive Director, commended administration attempts to “enhance retirement security for American workers, and support efforts to address weaknesses in ERISA’s conflict of interest rule.”