Government Relations Comment Letters
- London FP&A Club: Using Tech to Support FP&ALast week, the London FP&A Club held its sixth meeting and examined the thorny issue of specifying a financial planning and analysis system. Presenter Michael Coveney, a consultant with STW Consulting, shared the 10 capabilities users should look for.
- AFP Releases New FP&A Guide on Risk-Adjusted ForecastingAFP’s latest FP&A Guide, sponsored by Wdesk, outlines how risk-adjusted forecasting can work in practical terms. The guide includes interviews with over a dozen practitioners and experts, as well as eight case studies that demonstrate different companies’ approaches to risk in their forecasting process.
- How Businesses Can Hedge Cross-Border Balance Sheet ExposuresThis article addresses one particular category of currency risk: the risk associated with carrying financial assets or liabilities denominated in a currency other than the functional currency. Such assets and liabilities are reported on the balance sheet in the functional currency at values that reflect spot exchange rates at the end of each accounting period.
- Why Treasurers Must Embrace – and Finance – SustainabilitySustainability is no longer about corporate citizenship or philanthropy. It’s absolutely critical to the life of companies—and sustainability starts with treasurers. That’s the message Andrew Winston will deliver at the CTC Corporate Treasurers Forum. Winston, author of the “The Big Pivot,” will explain why it makes financial sense for companies to embark on sustainability projects right now.
- AFP Fraudwatch: How Treasury Should Respond to HeartbleedBy now, you have probably heard about the Heartbleed bug—a serious vulnerability in recent versions of OpenSSL, software that millions of websites use to encrypt communications with users. Making matters worse is the fact that an easy-to-use exploit that allows criminals to abuse the vulnerability is being widely traded online.