The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) announced today that The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc., will be the exclusive sponsor for AFP's Executive Institute, which will take place at the 2011 AFP Annual Conference November 7-10 in Boston.
This prestigious program provides an environment where the most senior level of corporate finance executives can candidly discuss the challenges they face on the job and explore solutions for addressing those challenges.
"CFOs and treasurers have come to rely on this private forum for discussing the issues that directly affect them. This year’s topics reflect their global mindset, their focus on risk management, and their eye toward future opportunities," said Jim Kaitz, AFP's president and chief executive. "We are especially honored to have PNC as the exclusive sponsor for the third year in a row."
The Executive Institute is complimentary to executives attending the 2011 AFP Annual Conference and is limited to chief financial officers, treasurers, vice presidents of finance, assistant treasurers and controllers.
"PNC is committed to thoughtful conversation with customers to help them achieve their business goals. We support the Executive Institute that offers business executives a forum to focus on the challenges facing financial executives today, to exchange proven strategies and to inspire breakthrough solutions,” said James Graham, executive vice president and head of treasury management at PNC.
The two half-days of educational sessions, speakers and panel discussions will focus on emerging issues.
Highlights of this year's institute include:
- Liquidity and Risks in Investments with an Eye towards Europe, by Mark Stockley, Managing Director, BlackRock
- Winning Investors Over, a luncheon address by Baruch Lev, Philip Bardes Professor of Accounting and Finance, NYU, Stern School of Business
- America’s Business Edge, a luncheon address by Anne Marie Slaughter, Bert G. Kerstetter ’66 University Professor of Politics and International Studies, Princeton University
- To Forecast or Not to Forecast, That is the Question, a panel discussion led by Harvard Business Review's editorial director Justin Fox and editor-at-large Julia Kirby
- Strategic Risk Management: What It Means to the Treasurer, a talk by Jiro Okochi, CEO, Reval.com Inc. and Mario J. Cornacchio, Jr., Treasurer, Bose Corporation
- Corporate Growth and Capital Structure – Financing via Bank Lending vs. Debt Markets, a panel discussion led by Jim Graham, Executive Vice President, Head of Treasury Management, PNC Financial Group and featuring speaker Michel Bekkers, Senior Vice President, Group Treasurer, adidas Group
View the Executive Institute program on www.afpconference.org/EI or contact Craig Martin, AFP's director of executive programs, at email@example.com or 301-961-8629.
The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP), headquartered outside Washington, D.C., serves a network of more than 16,000, members with news, economic research and data, treasury certification programs, networking events, financial analytical tools, training, and public policy representation to legislators and regulators. AFP is the daily resource for the finance profession (www.afponline.org).
AFP’s global reach extends to over 150,000 treasury and financial professionals worldwide, including AFP of Canada; London-based gtnews, an on-line resource for the treasury and finance community; and bobsguide, a financial IT solutions network.