September 27, 2010– The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP) is gearing up to host one of the largest gatherings of corporate finance professionals in the world, the 2010 AFP Annual Conference (www.afponline.org/annual ), Nov. 7-10 in San Antonio, Texas. The event pulls together CFOs, treasurers, regulators, economists and senior bankers for 3 � days of intensive finance discussions. In the wake of the financial crisis, talks will focus on global economic recovery, financial regulatory reform, and corporate finance strategies and innovations for 2011.
Please note, each year, AFP releases significant and timely business research at this event.
Business journalists have until October 22 to register for a complimentary press pass to the conference.
WHAT: 2010 AFP ANNUAL CONFERENCE www.afponline.org/annual (#AFP2010)
WHEN: November 7-10, 2010
WHERE: 2010 AFP Annual Conference, Henry B. Gonzales Convention Center, 200 E. Market St.,
San Antonio, TX. 78205
* Richard Fisher, Head of the Dallas Federal Reserve, discusses economic recovery.
* Jami Miscik, Vice Chairman and President, Kissinger Associates and former global head of sovereign risk at Lehman Brothers, discusses current events.
* Alan S. Blinder, PhD, Vice Chairman, Promontory Interfinancial Network and Former Vice Chairman, Federal Reserve, speaks about prospects for the U.S. and global economies.
* Malcolm Gladwell provides cultural observations and highlights from his recent books.
* Other speakers: * Condoleeza Rice, former U.S. Secretary of State, speaks at the opening general session. (closed to press)
See also: www.afponline.org/speakers
MEDIA REGISTRATION: Reporters should pre-register via www.afponline.org/presspass or call 301.907.2862 for more information. Once on site, journalists and photographers who have pre-registered should pick up their badge and background materials at the East Registration Area of the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center.
The Association for Financial Professionals (AFP), headquartered outside Washington, D.C., serves a network of more than 16,000, members with news, economic research and data, treasury certification programs, networking events, financial analytical tools, training, and public policy representation to legislators and regulators. AFP is the daily resource for the finance profession.
AFP's global reach extends to over 150,000 treasury and financial professionals worldwide, including AFP of Canada; London-based gtnews, an on-line resource for the treasury and finance community; and bobsguide, a financial IT solutions network.